What Is Black Mold?
When it comes to mold problems, most people are concerned with Black Mold the most. That is because of all of the hype from the media about the dangers of having black mold growth in you home or business. However, that doesn't mean that it should not be removed right away. Black mold, or Stachybotrys, takes more that 24 hours to grow. Sometimes is takes as long as 48 hours to grow, but, other molds will grow in the meantime that are just as necessary to remove as soon as possible.
Certified Mold Removal in Knoxville
Our company and technicians are certified in mold removal. It doesn't matter what type of mold, we use the same standards to keep your home, the occupants, and our technicians safe during the removal process. We are highly trained and experienced in mold damage cleanup and black mold removal.
Learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by visiting Mold Damage Tips.
How Do I Tell If It’s Black Mold?
Since many types of mold can cause reactions, you should contact us regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold may exist in the same house or structure. If you suspect you have a mold problem, contact SERVPRO of West Knoxville / Farragut immediately.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (865) 690-9658
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of West Knoxville / Farragut is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,600 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Rocky Hill
- Hardin Valley
- Blue Grass
- Westmoreland Heights
- Northshore Town Center
- Deane Hill