Prefect Your Home From Fire Damage
SERVPRO Restores Fire and Smoke Damage Quickly to Ensure Life in Your Seattle Home Gets Back to Normal
Regardless of the scope of a house fire, the levels and layers of damage can be immense. Many homeowners are best off seeking another place to stay when their Knoxville home is restored. Not only is there odorous soot and debris that gets tracked through the house, but there is the potential for breathing in harmful irritants found in soot and smoke residue. The good news is that our trained and IICRC-certified technicians are available 24/7 to address any fire emergency you may have.
Why Do I Need Professional Cleanup for a Small Fire?
Our team at SERVPRO has the skills and equipment necessary to handle your fire and smoke damage quickly in Knoxville efficiently. Many airborne soot particles can be invisible to the naked eye. A significant element of fire loss mitigation is the use of advanced equipment that helps to capture all particulates. Some of the methods that we use include actions like:
- Odor-control material that helps to neutralize odors from the fire
- Total removal and disposal of debris and charred items to cut back on odors
- Deployment of air scrubber technology, which helps to improve air quality while mitigation takes place
How Can You Prevent Debris and Grime from Getting Tracked Throughout My Home?
In many cases, our team partitions off the fire loss zone from the rest of your interior to limit cross-contamination. It is vital to remove charred building materials and any non-salvageable items carefully and meticulously to prevent tracking. Our crew also wears personal protective equipment (PPE) and foot coverings to cut back on cross-contamination from one room to the next.
After Extinguishing the Fire, Everything is Wet, Now What?
From the moment that our crew arrives on your property, we assess the damages, which includes looking at all areas where water or chemicals from extinguishing the fire may be present. During cleaning up debris and controlled demolition methods, we also use different tools to locate hidden moisture, including:
- Moisture sensors
- Moisture meters
- Thermal imaging
We carefully of any saturated, non-salvageable materials, and our team uses targeted drying with the help of industrial-strength fans, air movers, and dehumidifiers.
What is a Controlled Demolition?
Depending on the amount of fire damage to your Knoxville building materials, controlled demolition might be a necessity. This process can often save homeowners a considerable amount of money by carefully removing damaged materials and replacing them with brand new items. If you have charred wooden studs, we have a variety of harsh measures to remove it. Everything is then treated with a special sealant to keep odors from permeating throughout your interior.
What is Done for Smoke Odors?
SERVPRO has a specific process that allows us to remove odorous smoke particles and soot from your home after a fire loss. Every step helps break down stubborn residue while also pinpointing specific areas where particles might have wandered.
- We offer pack-out services to remove furnishings and personal belongings to clean and deodorize offsite. This service limits the amount of smoke residue transfer into other unaffected areas of your home.
- We carefully begin cleaning any surfaces covered in soot residue, ensuring that no area gets left untreated. Our trucks house EPA-approved disinfectant solutions and cleaning agents that remove waste from various materials, including sheetrock, plastics, and wood.
- Should pungent odors occur, we can recreate the event that brought on odor penetration. We have fogging equipment that heats deodorant agents to create a chemical cloud that quickly penetrates materials to target the odor molecules.
- We can also seal exposed surfaces, such as walls, using special primers before a final coat of color. We also have a process for sealing ductwork in your home if particles have traveled throughout the HVAC system.
When it comes to the equipment that we use most often with a fire loss project, we have the best tools and products for cleaning and restoring the air quality in your home.
- Air scrubbers help cut back on debris and particulates throughout your interior.
- Hydroxyl generators are dual-acting, allowing our crew to filter the air in your home while deodorizing it at the same time. These generators have HEPA filtration, bringing air into the machine where the filter traps debris, particles, and microbes.
Have trained technicians on your side to help with fire and smoke damage is a good feeling. Call us at SERVPRO of West Knoxville at (865) 690-9658 when you need emergency service. Once you call, we can have a team on-site in as little as four hours to get to work!